Thursday, August 27, 2009

Celebrate ALA's Banned Books Week!

ALA's Banned Books Week is from September 26-October 3, 2009. Banned Books Week celebrates the freedom to choose and the freedom to express one’s opinion, even if that opinion might be considered unpopular or unorthodox. The campaign stresses the importance of ensuring the availability of those viewpoints to all who wish to read them. (Isn't the picture really cute!!)

In celebration of Banned Book Week I will be reviewing some of the books that are being banned and challenged in 08-09 in September. I found a list HERE. Right now I'm reading Catcher in the Rye which was challenged in a High School in Montana, so that will be my first banned book review as well as apart of my challenge. Next, I will read Lovely Bones which was moved to the faculty section of a Middle School in Mass. because its content was too frightening for middle school students. Isn't that just ridiculous?! On the list I have read many of the books including: Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, The Boy Book by E. Lockart, TTFN by Lauren Myracle, and several others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)