Sunday, September 13, 2009

Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle Review

Title: Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle
Author: L. J. Smith
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: June 26, 2007
Pages: 512

My Edition: Paperback
Reading Level: Young Adult
W
here I got it: Waldenbooks
  
Two Book Summary (From Amazon):
Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.
Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.
Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her.
Collected here in one volume for the first time, volumes one and two of The Vampire Diaries, the tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.

The Awakening Summary (Book 1) Summary from L.J.'s website:
The most haunting love triangle of all.  Two vampire brothers, one good and one evil, are in love with the same beautiful girl.  Stefan meets Elena, and falls for her instantly.  But he swears never to approach her because of his dark secret.  On the other hand, Elena has sworn to make Stefan hers or die.

The Struggle Summary (Book 2) Summary from L.J.'s website:
Damon is haunting Elena’s footsteps; coaxing and coercing her by turns.  Stefan desperately tries to protect her from his brother.  And Elena is having her blood drawn by two separate vampires.  Meanwhile Caroline plots to expose Elena in front of the entire town.  Can things get worse?  They do, when Elena drives too fast over an unsafe bridge and drowns.

Review:
The Awakening and The Struggle were amazing! They were a lot like Twilight, however the Vampire Diaries came out a long time before Twilight. I loved all the characters and the plot. I hated Damon naturally and loved Stefan. This book had romance, action, and so much more that made me craving for more. I'm glad my edition had both books, so I didn't have to have wait for the second book. I can't wait to read the next two and the next trilogy! My dad is actually working on the CW's Vampire Diaries show, so that's why I started reading this book. The show changed a lot of things, but it was pretty good. It seems that I'm starting to read more  fantasy books with vampires, werewolves, and faeries, but that genre has so many good books. Anyways I highly recommend reading these books if you haven't already!

Rating:




2 comments:

  1. I was the same way. But Damon will grow on you. I'm reading the last book now.

    ~Lindsay
    JABA

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ends in an awesome way too. I still have to pick up the next book to see what happens. And yeah, Damon sucks haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)