Sunday, October 11, 2009

Running on the Cracks Review

Title: Running on the Cracks
Author: Julia Donaldson
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. 
Publication Date: September 15, 2009
Pages: 224
My Edition: Hardback
Reading Level: Young Adult
W
here I got it: Henry Holt InGroup 

Short Summary from Amazon:
Leo’s running from her past. Finlay’s running into trouble. Together, they stumble into a crazy new world of secrets, lies, and Chinese food. But someone is on Leo’s trail . . . Eccentric, unforgettable characters and genuine, heart-pounding suspense make for a stunning combination as celebrated author Julia Donaldson expands her talents in her first novel for young adults. 

Review:  
Running on the Cracks was altogether just an alright book. One of the best parts is probably the cover. I think it draws you into the book, and goes very well with the story. The most compelling part of the book would be the unforgettable characters and cover. The book was a little boring at times, but the characters made things interesting and were very funny.

I finally finished the book after reading it for about two weeks (yikes!). It took me so long to finish because I would get often get very bored and distracted while reading it. I wish it was a little faster paced and more fun to read. Also, the author and the characters are British, so at times I didn’t really understand what they were talking about. I don’t know if I would recommend it because of it being a little uninteresting. The end of the book is really good because it picked up the pace, and wrapped up all the loose ends. Running on the Cracks sounded good in theory, but it just didn't cut it for me. 


Rating:




2 comments:

  1. Good review. Now I'm almost glad that they ran out of copies for the In Group by the time they got to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah. I wonder when the next email will come out, hopefully soon : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)