Monday, November 23, 2009

Along for the Ride Review

Title: Along for the Ride 
Author: Sarah Dessen 
Publisher: Viking Juvenile 
Publication Date: June 16, 2009 
Pages: 383 
My Edition: ARC 
Reading Level: Young Adult 
Where I got it: won from Mishel at mis(h)takes! 

Summary from Sarah's website:
It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live. A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend. In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.

Review: 
Sarah Dessen always writes amazingly, great books and this one is just as wonderful. All of her stories are similar: girl and boy fall for each other then something happens where they stop talking, so then they either get back together or they don't. I couldn't stop reading and really wanted Auden and Eli to be together! I was worried they wouldn't be together, but the ending was perfect.

The story is cute, funny, and pretty good. I love all the characters because they all are unforgettable and very easy to relate to. Auden goes through a lot in one summer, and it great how much she grew during then. She makes new friends, learns to let loose a little, and even to love and forgive. This wasn't my favorite Dessen book, but I still like it a lot. If you're looking for a nice, quick, summer read this would be perfect. I can't wait to read future books from such a great author!
 
Rating:


3 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is one of my favorite Sarah Dessen. I'm glad you loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to read this :) great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Sarah Dessen. I love her books. This one wasn't my favorite either but it was still awesome. =]

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)