Thursday, November 12, 2009

Poison Study: Study Book 1 Review!

Title: Poison Study (Study Book 1) 
Author: Maria V. Snyder 
Publisher: Mira 
Pages: 416
 Publication Date: March 1, 2007 

My Edition: Paperback 
Reading Level: Young Adult 
Where I got it: Harlequin Teen Panel 

Summary from Maria's website:
About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered a reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace, and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia. And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust, and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison. As Yelena tries to escape her dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and she develops magical powers she can't control. Her life’s at stake again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren’t so clear! 

Review: 
Wow, this book is so amazingly great. I love it so much! The story is very original and has a fantastic, intriguing plot. It is so well-written, exciting, adventurous, and such a great read. I fell in love with the characters especially Yelena, Valek, Ari, and Janco who all have such strong qualities and are very likable. I couldn't put the book down once getting really into it, and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. Poison Study always kept me hanging and made me never know what was going to happen...if Yelena would survive the many death threats and the attempts of murder or escape from her poison and being the food taster. 

I felt so bad for all of torture and even rape she experienced with her old master and his son, and it was terrible that she was going to be hanged for just defending herself to stop the "experiments" from the master's son. You will not regret reading this fantastic book, so I definitely recommend it to everyone! Also, the cover is very pretty and fits with the story very well. The ending left off very nicely and now I can't wait to read two other books in the series and even her other series and standalone books. I really need to read Magic Study now, and I really hope Yelena and Valek are together in the end.
 
Rating:

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this book! Its my favorite Maria Snyder book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book too! Did you know it was originally published as an Adult novel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard much about this one before but it sure sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you that you would LOVE this book. Haha, I did. The next book is really good too. I just have Fire Study left to read. I love these books!

    ~Lindsay
    JABA

    If you want to see my review for Magic Study, here is the link.
    http://justanotherbookaddict.blogspot.com/2009/11/magic-study.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow no I didn't know that Enna thanks for the tid bit : D Lindsay, yeah I really loved it and I'm going to check out your review now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this, but it sounds great and onto my TBR list! thanks for sharing, great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you like this book. I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)