Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Treasure Map of Boys: Ruby Oliver Book 3 Review

Title: The Treasure Map of Boys (Ruby Oliver Book 3) 
Author: E. Lockhart
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: July 28, 2009
Pages: 256
My Edition: Hardback 
Reading Level: Young Adult 
Where I got it: the Library

Summary from E. Lockhart's website:
In this third book in the Ruby Oliver series. Roo  is back at Tate Prep, and it’s her thirty-seventh week in the state of Noboyfriend. Her panic attacks are bad, her love life is even worse, and what’s more:
• Noel is writing her notes,
• Jackson is giving her frogs,
• Gideon is helping her cook,
• and Finn is making her brownies.
• Rumors are flying, and Ruby’s already sucky reputation is heading downhill.

Not only that, she’s also:
• Running a bake sale,
• learning the secrets of heavy metal therapy,
• encountering some seriously smelly feet,
• defending the rights of pygmy goats,
• and bodyguarding Noel from unwanted advances.

In this companion novel to The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book, Ruby struggles to secure some sort of mental health, to understand what constitutes a real friendship, and — if such a thing exists — to find true love. 

Review: 
Yay, E. Lockhart delivered another hilarious, cute, and fantastic Ruby Oliver story. Compared to the first two, The Treasure Map of Boys is probably my favorite because Ruby has grown up a little more but still has so much to learn about herself, her friends, and the others around her...especially all the boys! Ruby had some trouble during Freshman year by losing all her friends and being named the school "whore." Finally in Junior year she has kind of moved on, gained two friends, but is still seeing her shrink.  

I love the footnotes at the bottom of some of the pages because they are always so hilarious. I loved this one, but it took me awhile to read only because I've been a little busy and too tired to read. Other than that, whenever I got a chance, I couldn't stop reading. If you haven't read this series, I recommend it if you are looking for a funny, girly story to read. If you have read any of them and liked them, you won't be disappointed at all with this third companion novel. I'm pretty sure there will be at least another one for Ruby's senior year, so I can't wait for some new info on that!
 

Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)