Sunday, January 24, 2010

Catching Fire Review!

Title: Catching Fire (Hunger Games Book 2)
Author: Suzanne Colllins
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: September 1, 2009 
Pages: 400
My Edition: Hardback 
Reading Level: Young Adult 
Where I got it from: Library 


Summary from Goodreads:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Review:
Oh my, Catching Fire was an amazing sequel to the most amazing first book the Hunger Games! The sequel picked up right after Katniss and Peeta winning the Hunger Games and starting with their victory tour. Because of Katniss's defiance to the capitol in the Hunger Games, she has put her family and friends in trouble leading to many consequences. Also, it leads to many unexpected things I never in a million years could have imagined. You will be in for a roller coaster of twists and turns, and I guarantee you will trouble putting it down.

My only complaint would be the beginning is unfortunately a little boring, but after the first 100 or so pages it starts to get much more interesting and exciting. I love how each book's plot and characters are very unique and original. Once again I really like all their names, and in Catching Fire you will meet some new characters that are just as awesome as the old ones. Katniss is truly an amazing character who is a very strong female, brave, but just needs to learn to love and trust those close to her.

I have never read any other books like them, and they both are now some of my favorite books. If you enjoyed the first book, you will love this one just as much. The love triangle between Katniss, Peeta, and Gale is much more present in Catching Fire, and you will see what Katniss has to go through to keep everyone safe from the capitol. Suzanne Collins is an amazing author who knows how to write a great book. I love the Hunger Games books, and I CAN NOT wait for the third book to come out on August 24th which actually is four days after my birthday and is my mom's birthday!

Rating:

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read this, but I hear it's really great. Such a wonderful review, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the third book! Lol, for me, it comes 5 days after my bday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book sitting on my bookshelf, but I haven't had a chance to read it. Guess I'm gonna start soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished this book too- I agree it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am the last person in Holland or on planet earth that hasn't read this book yet. I'll wait for the translated one so I can pick it up at the library. (hopefully they will translate it, or I have to buy it..or ask as a gift..)

    I do like the sound of the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina ~ I hope they do translate it because it is an amazing book! You would love it : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)