Saturday, April 24, 2010

Titus and Atreus Review



Title: Titus and Atreus: 
Series: The Angel Saga Book One
Author: Meridi Myers
Pages: 336
 Publisher: Hero Publishing
Publication Date: December 1, 2009
My Edition: Signed Paperback
Genre: Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Received from: Meridi Myers for review


Summary from Amazon: 
Grief-stricken by the loss of his parents, Titus Attwater is convinced his life will never improve. His older sister ignores his calls, his grades in school have plummeted, and his house, once a place of warmth and security, is now lonely, cold, and alien. But when a young man appears one night in Titus's house, claiming he came in upstairs through the full-length mirror, Titus's life gets turned upside-down. For, as Titus soon discovers, this intruder is not from Earth. Against his will, Titus is kidnapped and taken to another world, a place like Earth but markedly different. It is here where he will befriend angels, face assassins, and help a young prince unravel a prophecy that proves much darker and more twisted than any of them had imagined.


Review:
Titus and Atreus was an interesting fantasy novel that was very unique and different than many other YA fantasy novels. I really liked the idea that each person has a twin soul living on another planet. Also, it was very cool how Atreus's and Titus's lives were connected even though they lived on two very different planets: their girlfriends have the same birthday, they lost their parents on the same day, broke their leg at the same time, and many other same occurrences. The characters were all very intriguing and special in their own way, and I really loved all their unique names.

The plot was slow at times but was very easy to read and follow. It took me awhile to finish only because I just got distracted with other books I was reading. The only problem I had was I kept mixing up and even forgetting who some of the characters were, but I really liked how the author switched up the locations in the book because it always kept things interesting. A little romance was in the book (which I always love reading about), and the end especially was filled with it. The angels in Titus and Atreus were very funny and entertaining, and I really enjoyed the relationship they had with the main characters. My favorite characters were Juno who is Atreus's and eventually Titus's bodyguard and Myra who is Atreus's love because they were nice, strong, good characters!

The ending was just so perfect and happy. I loved it because it just was the best ending possible for the book. It was very surprising and finally revealed the outcome of the prophecy between Atreus and Titus. I really enjoyed Titus and Atreus, so I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the saga when it's released. Meridi Myers did a fantastic job on her debut novel, and I really recommend reading her first book!

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you liked it! This is in my TBR Pile, so I'm happy to read a positive review.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)