Saturday, August 28, 2010

Endless Summer: The Boys Next Door; Endless Summer Review


Title: Endless Summer: The Boys Next Door; 
Endless Summer
Author: Jennifer Echols
Number of Pages: 624
Genre: Romantic Comedy
 Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: May 25, 2010
My Edition: Signed Paperback
Reading Level: Young Adult
Received From: Jennifer Echols
Author's Website: jenniferechols.com 

Summary from Amazon:
Two irresistible boys. One unforgettable summer.

Lori can’t wait for her summer at the lake. She loves wakeboarding and hanging with her friends--including the two hotties next door. With the Vader brothers, she's always been just one of the guys. Now that she’s turning sixteen, she wants to be seen as one of the girls, especially in the eyes of Sean, the older brother. But that’s not going to happen--not if the younger brother, Adam, can help it.

Lori plans to make Sean jealous by spending time with Adam. Adam has plans of his own for Lori. As the air heats up, so does this love triangle. Will Lori’s romantic summer melt into one hot mess? 

Review: 
The Boys Next Door and Endless Summer were the perfect light summer, beachy reads, so I speed through them very quickly. I started and read about 20 pages when I had a couple free minutes to read, but after that I laid down and didn't stop reading until five hours later when I'd finished reading the entire two books. I don't know if I was just in a really good reading mood or if the books were just that amazing, either way they were highly enjoyable, fun reads! The main character Lori and the Vader boys were highly entertaining and very funny but could be very annoying at times because of their love triangle plus many dumb misunderstandings. Thank goodness the second book was already there in my hands after I finished the first, so I didn't even have to stop to get the other book or have to wait at all for it. 

The Boys Next Door was for sure my favorite of the two because I loved the chase between Lori and the boys in their multiple fake, jealous "relationships", how sweet Adam was, and how it ended. I definitely liked Endless Summer also but just not as much as the first though. The plot of the first book was a lot more fun and charming than the second though because I didn't like that Lori and Adam couldn't be together in Endless Summer causing lots of tension which wasn't the funniest to read about. I really liked that in the second book how every other chapter switched by going back and forth between Lori and Adam's perspectives. At first though, I didn't realize it was Adam's point-of-view, so I was pretty confused until I realized the POV switch. It was pretty interesting knowing Adam's thoughts for a change instead of just a  girl's, but of course he starts be a tad jealous and not trusting when Lori and him are forbidden from seeing each other making his thoughts a little irritating.

Overall, I loved the romance and comedy elements in the books and loved the wonderful characters even more! I was just totally engrossed in their story the entire time and felt like I was really in the book with them experiencing it all as it happened. I recommend these books to any girl or even guy who is in the mood for a fun, summer read with lots of romance, fun, love, and wakeboarding! So far I have really enjoyed every book I've read by Jennifer Echols, so I can't wait to read more books by her! I just purchased The Ex Games by Echols for my Kindle, so I just have to wait for my Kindle to arrive to read it...

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)