Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (54): As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights an upcoming release that I'm eagerly awaiting. This week I can't wait for As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott!

It's no secret I love Elizabeth Scott's YA books, so of course I can not wait for this one. The cover is very intense, and the summary sounds really interesting and good. Elizabeth Scott has proved she can write many different genres and plots very well, so I'm will be expecting to love this one as well! It comes out this fall on September 15, 2011. The cover and summary below are from Goodreads:


What if you woke up and didn't know where you were?
What if you didn't know who you were?

And what if, when your memories started to come back--what if they didn't match the you that you're supposed to be?

Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them--and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears 

in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.

12 comments:

  1. I LOOOVE Elizabeth Scott and this sounds fantastic! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great book. I love the cover photo. I couldn't make out the title that much, but I would've been sold on the photo if I'd seen it in the store. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick this week. Elizabeth Scott is awesome and that cover is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i follow your blog! i need to read this one, the cover is pretty cool!

    just stopping by :) i have cool pics on mine today that remind me of dark YA.

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. I think the subject is something we all fear and it's something that if we were faced with it we didn't know how to act. Also it seems like the kind of book I'd find at All you can books so once again thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s something satisfying to here, thanks for the great news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to this one! I ordered it last week and have been anxiously awaiting its arrival ever since!

    btw, new follower ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome cover! If the story on the inside is half as good, I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this one looks awesome - and that cover is fantastic! Did you read it???!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover! It's pretty! I've always liked Elizabeth Scott's books. She's one of my favorite authors. The book sounds great!! Awesome pick! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower on Goodreads.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)