Friday, June 14, 2013

A Life Update: eBooks, School, and Randomness!

Well guys, it has been way too long since I have even remotely posted regularly... I really do miss the whole blogosphere and following up on the latest bookish updates. These past few weeks have been so nice to finally be able to have the energy and desire to read for fun again. I never thought this would happen to me, but I am officially addicted to reading on my Kindle Fire and Android using the Kindle app, instead of reading physical books. I, for some reason, just do not really like reading hard copy books anymore, since eBooks are just so much more convenient for me. I still love to collect books and that definitely will never change.

A few months ago, I was super lucky to win a Kindle Fire HD from Amazon Student! I had one of the original Kindles from a couple years back, so I was pretty excited to be given the opportunity to upgrade. I have fallen in love with my Kindle Fire and love how my Fire and Android sync with one another, so I can flawlessly go back and forth between both devices. I definitely recommend giving eBooks a chance if you haven't already made the change.

Besides the Kindle, everything has been going pretty well with school and classesI'm still in love and happy with my writing major! This past year I had some unique opportunities that made me want to pursue a career in editing even more. I was in a literary publishing class that put out our school's literary magazine, in which I helped co-edit and even had a picture of mine published in it! Most recently, last semester I started working at my school's I.T. department doing editing and writing for their online technology articles. It has definitely been an interesting experience. I hope to find an internship within the next year that will help me secure that perfect job for me.

Hopefully, I will continue on this roll of reading a lot and will have timeI'm currently working 46 hrs a weekto write reviews for some of the great books I have been reading lately. Hopefully everyone is reading some great books, and if you have any recommendations, be sure to leave a comment! Thanks for sticking around :)



1 comment:

  1. That’s something satisfying to hear, Thanks for sharing.

    http://writefreelance.in/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me your thoughts! :)